Monday 30 September 2013

Character Model - Update 01

This is what I have of the the older character so far based on David's designs. It's taking longer than expected to sort out the polygon edge flow so the character can deform correctly when animated. I'm glad to have started early and now know how to work with the second character when I get to him.



The edgeflow is mostly sorted with the character. As you can see in the picture at the top, the character's head is detached from the body. This is for ease of both me and the animators: I can separately detail and texture the character's head when I choose to take it to a sculpting package; and for the animators, this is easier if we want to use blend shapes for facial expressions as they can export just the head and tweak, then re-import a different head with different expressions, making the pipeline a bit easier.

-Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment